The original St Paul's church was located on the historic site adjacent to the current rectory in Sharwood
Crescent, Evatt and worship services were held there from about 1860 until 1902.
St. Paul’s Ginninderra was re-established in 1973 to serve the suburbs of Spence, Melba, Florey, Evatt and McKellar. Nearly half
a century later people are more mobile and parish boundaries mean very little and yet a large proportion of those who attend St. Paul’s today
come from within that area and we also welcome people from all over Canberra.
The church leases a section of Mt Rogers Community Centre
(old Spence Primary School).
At St. Paul’s we endeavour to:
- make Jesus Christ central to our life-related preaching
- nurture adults, youth and children in a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- encourage people to discover and exercise their Spiritual gifts
- offer opportunities for people to find wholeness in their lives
- create an atmosphere of love and friendship
- live out the Great Commission of Jesus
- see "His Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven"
There is a strong emphasis on outreach programs, engaging with local communities and missions.